Surgical/OR Tech JobHarleysville, PA 114404
Apply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
The Surgical Technician is responsible for scrubbing on surgical cases in the operating room and assisting nursing staff in preparing the operating room for surgery.
- Respond to direction from the practitioner and the nursing staff.
- Participate in the Time Out process.
- Assists in preparing the OR for surgical cases.
- Scrubs for cases as assigned.
- Gowns and gloves self and others.
- Drapes patient.
- Maintains a sterile field.
- Performs appropriate counts with circulating nurse.
- Wash and sterilize instruments for surgical cases.
- Notify the Director of Nursing of supply needs, instruments that need repair and/or other problems with equipment or supplies.
- Record changes to surgeons’ preferences cards.
- Terminally sterilize instruments and equipment, and documents same.
- Inspect and rotate sterile supplies.
- Clean and stock the OR as necessary.
- Use supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Responds to Center emergencies as appropriate.
- Participate in training of new OR personnel.
- Arrive for duty promptly.
- Exhibits a professional and courteous manner in dealing with all patients, practitioners, colleagues, and visitors.
- Participate in the Center committees as assigned.
- Adhere to Center policies, including, without limitation, those regarding HIPPA (patient privacy) and the Patient Safety Act.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of accredited surgical technician training program or nursing program.
- Surgical technologist certification or nursing license.
- Previous OR experience, preferably in an ambulatory setting.
- Occasional need to lift heavy objects and assist in lifting patients; duties require twisting, reaching and pushing objects from light to heavy weights.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Protentional exposure to disruptive or uncontrollable patients or visitors.
- Handle potentially dangerous materials.
- May have unanticipated need to work overtime.
- Ability to handle multiple task concurrently.
- Frequent need to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- BLS certification as required by Director of Nursing.